House Cleaning Tips
Cleaning your home is hard! It can be hard to fall behind, allowing clutter and mess to build up to an overwhelming amount. When that happens, it can be difficult to muster the motivation to clean. Instead of getting flustered, learn to clean more easily or check how handle it professional house cleaning service in Orland Park! We are here to help with some of our favorite house cleaning tips.
- Dress comfortably in clothes you can wash easily. You’ll be more comfortable and will never worry about ruining your favorite shirt.
- Declutter first. It’s hard to clean if you have to move clutter on every surface.
- Clean from top to bottom. Ever noticed that when wiping counters, things fall to the floor? Wiping then vacuuming or sweeping makes more sense logistically.
- Use an all-purpose cleaner. You don’t need many cleaners. Simplify your cleaning supplies.
- Scrub in straight lines, not circles. Everything will look cleaner!
- Use doormats. Trap dirt before it makes it into your home.
- Use microfiber clothes instead of paper towels. Less waste, and they work better.
- Clean dishes as you go. It’s easier to keep the dish situation under control if you don’t let them pile up.
- Follow a house cleaning schedule. It’ll become a habit. See our tips below!
Create Your Own House Cleaning Schedule
Keeping your home clean works best if done on a schedule, rather than sporadically. It is less overwhelming. It is best to spread your cleaning out over the course of time rather than trying to tackle everything at once. A schedule can help.
- Create a list of everything that needs regular cleaning. Categories may include living room, dining room, kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, offices, entryways, basements, etc.
- Create lists for daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning. Keep in mind what areas get dirty for you. Perhaps you don’t cook often, so the kitchen stays clean, but you frequently have a messy living room. Prioritize your needs.
- Limit the daily lists. Being overly ambitious will come back to bite you. Daily cleaning tasks should not take longer than about an hour or it will get overwhelming.Everyone’s cleaning needs are different. It may take some trial and error to find the best fit.