How to Properly Clean a Window
Windows are a part of every home and business that we love to hate. They bring in the sunshine to brighten our days, but a grimy window can leave you feeling dreary and stressed. Cleaning house is a necessity! Sounds easy, doesn’t it? Unfortunately, it isn’t always as easy as it sounds. There are many mistakes that are made during house cleaning. Here are some of the most common mistakes and our remedy to fix them. Remember you can always call a professional house cleaning company like True Shine House Cleaning Services Schaumburg to save your time and energy on cleaning.
5 Common Mistakes during Cleaning the Window
1. Cleaning in bright sunlight. It sounds productive, doesn’t it? After all, your windows will dry faster and you get to enjoy the sunshine. Unfortunately, trying to wash your windows in the sunlight can cause the cleaner to dry on your windows faster than you can clean it up, causing streaks.
2. Using the wrong cloths. If you are like the majority of people, you were taught to clean windows with paper towels. Unfortunately, bits of paper can be left behind on the windows, and paper towels can also cause streaks. Your best options are microfiber cloths or sponges.
3. Using too little cleaner. We get it! You want to be frugal and save up on your cleaner! But did you know that skimping on the cleaner can cause more streaks? That cleaner is necessary to break through the dirt and grime that builds up on your windows.
4. Forgetting to dust your window’s sills and sashes. Have you ever cleaned a window only to realize the water is dripping onto the window sill? Normally that wouldn’t be a problem, but if you have not washed the dirt off the window sill yet, you are headed for a puddle of mud right on your window sill.
5. Ignoring standard safety. Make sure ladders are propped up properly and that you are on secure ground.